We always try to find themes that give you as much freedom as possible
concerning plot, genre and rating of your story. Still, a fanfiction
contest can't do without a few rules.
- Ratings may go up as far as M (R), but please keep in mind
that our audience consists of different age groups. Please state your
rating in the story header when you send in the story.
- No slash is allowed. Same goes for Mary Sues - please keep them
- The story must feature Aragorn, Legolas or both. It is not
important whether they are main characters or are only mentioned in
passing. They have to be in there somewhere. Apart from that you can
choose all other characters or ivent OCs.
- You can only write one story per contest.
- The stories will be displayed on the website anonymously to give
everyone a fair chance of winning. Therefore, you may only repost
your story on all the usual fanfic haunts after the voting
is over and the winners have been announced. The anonymity is one
of Teitho's unique features, don't spoil it!
- Of course you can use the Teitho theme as inspiration for a story,
even if you don't send it in as a submission. As a courtesy, we would
ask you to not post your story until the contest is over as to not
- Please use only email@example.com
to send in your story. Stories sent elsewhere will not be eligible
for the contest. Do not put the story in your mail body. Instead,
please send it as an attachment - from doc to rft to html. Pretty
much everything is fine. If we can't open it, we'll get back to you,
- There is no minimum length - you can write poems or drabbles. The recommended maximum length is appr. 20 doc-pages. It's for your own good to not write a story longer than that, because it might discourage some voters from reading it, but no story will be disqualified for length.
- If you are a member of deviantart, join the group Arda-Inspired, submit the art you created for Teitho to your gallery, and from there to the Teitho folder in the group.
- If you are not a member of deviantart, you can also send the art in an image file to our email, and we will submit it to the folder for you.
- The picture should be new, drawn specifically for the challenge. State that you are submitting it to the contest in the artist's comments.
- The art can depict any characters or locations from Middle-earth. Original characters are allowed, but the picture should contain at least one canon character.
- (Note: this part of the contest is not anonymous due to the danger of art theft or possible uncredited use of art during the voting period.)
- You always have two weeks to vote.
- Authors who compete in the challenge are not allowed to vote for
their own stories and pictures.
- Include in your email your top 3 of favorite stories and pictures, ordered from 1st to 3rd place. The voting is individual for both cathegories, and you can vote for just one or both of them, if you want.
- Please do not mail your family and friends to gather sympathy votes.
Teitho is about writing and displaying a wide array of stories for
a given theme. It is not first and foremost about a hard race to the
first place. We would like to keep this contest fun for everyone.
If you still have questions about anything, feel free to drop us a
line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll be happy to answer!